Monday, July 14, 2008

Shhh... I'm reading...

Currently in the midst of three different books. One is on Social Attachment issues, one is a memoir that Emily B gave me about an American boy who grew up in Ethiopia, and the other is "You're Chocolate, I'm Vanilla"-- which was suggested by my social worker about raising a child in a mixed race family. I can't decide which to read first, so I'm reading all of them a little at a time. That and trying to pull my dossier requirements together. I have to go to the Denver Police Department soon and have them write a letter that states I'm not a criminal and notarize it! Even though my fingerprints have been sent to the FBI and the CBI. I guess they can't tell if I have/have not been arrested by that?? Ok, I'm taking a break and taking two nieces and my nephew to the Aquarium! Yea! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

You're Chocolate, I'm Vanilla. That's beautiful!! Makes me want to read it, too. It does remind me of my niece when she was about 5. My sister in law is Indian, and her husband is white, so Eleana and I were holding hands, and she said, "You have skin like my Daddy's and I have skin like Mommy and Uncle Sandy. Why?" I thought, "Oh, no, how do I answer this?" And I said, "God just didn't want us all to look the same, so he made our skin different. It's pretty that way." And she said, "My skin is like this because I'm Indian." I was really impressed and felt kind of stupid, and then she said, "And when I grow up, I'll be whole Indian!"

Kids are so awesome! I'm anxious to hear all the things your little one says! Have fun reading to get ready!

JAKE said...

I don't know why preference in ice cream flavor has anything to do with this adoption.

chloe said...

Hi Ms. Hann,
I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to read your blog! I have wanted to but I have been so busy! This morning, before work, I sat here and read all of them and have been tearing up for the past 15 min. knowing how much you wanted this I can only imagine how unreal and exiting this must be for you. I honestly feel that this is what is meant to be and that there is a baby in Ethiopia that needs you, and has needed you all along. You are one of the most selfless, loving people that I have ever known and will be an amazing mother (as you have been a second mother to all of us!:) I am so happy for you!
-Chloe A