Monday, July 21, 2008

Good food

I think I am in the "nesting" phase as Emily's post suggested a while back. I saw this cookbook on Oprah-- Deceptively Delicious by Jennifer Seinfeld (Jerry's wife) who has used vegetable purees in most of her cooking to insure her kids are eating their veggies. Well, I got it, a rice cooker, a food processor and then a TON of fresh veggies from the store. So far I have baked banana bread (for the first time), a beef stew (with broccoli puree) that I simmered for 4 hours, and chocolate chip cookies (with chickpeas). And I have to say I am an amazing cook! ;) I also steamed and pureed a ton of veggies including cauliflower, spinach, sweet potato, broccoli, and beets. They are all in little premeasured baggies ready for my next recipe. I think I'll make the chocolate cake with beets soon. Or the lemon blueberry muffins. I am just a baking/cooking/pureeing queen. I got very excited to make my own baby food too! :) Yea!!

http://www.deceptivelydelicious.com/site/index.php

No comments: