Friday, September 5, 2008

The kitchen is coming, the kitchen is coming!

Here's the beginning of my kitchen renovation. They had already begun the tearing down the wall. I'm standing in my living room which is where you enter my house. Then... the wall came down! :) It feels SO good even though there are wires hanging everywhere and dust all over my house. And Jake (cat) thinks he needs to roll in all the piles of dust every night and then track it all over my bed. I KNOW it is all worth it. Just seeing it in this condition makes me happy-- I feel so much more open and at home here now.

One last one...

2 comments:

Amy said...

What an exciting, huge mess! I look forward to seeing the progress...and one day, that sweet little boy in there so he can make a mess of his own ;)

Jacci said...

Oh my goodness, remodeling while living there is very Brave! Especially the Kitchen. I guess that's a great excuse to get Spicy Thai. Opening up that Kitchen is so smart and will give great value to your house. We don't live in the day anymore where mom had to be in the kitchen by herself while the rest of the party was in the living room. One day you will be able to be cooking and your little pumpkin will be on the floor of the living room having some of the best conversations of your life! good to see you last night.