Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dance-a-thon

Last night we had our big back to school meeting/potluck/fund-raiser. It was so nice seeing all of the families and which parents belong to which child and meeting the new families. Our theatre department is a community, a family. We are together sometimes for 7 years. So events like last night are fun to sit and talk to people and get to know each other a little better. I told the entire group about the adoption plans last night and many sought me out to talk a bit about it. I just got in the mail a request for another set of fingerprints for the USCIS (immigration) and remembered I still need to get passport photos to finish the dossier. Several parents told me to take a day off and FINISH that thing. There are recent reports that adoptions in Ethiopia are slowing which is scary. So I am taking their advice and taking Monday off to go get those last items done. Hopefully I can also get everything certified by the state too tomorrow. That would be the best possible scenario. Plus I danced the last full hour of the dance-a-thon fund-raiser with my students. This AM I am feeling my age...ugh... ;)

No comments: