Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ethiopian news

I got an email from my agency today. It is scary. The Ethiopian courts will be closed until the end of this month. Because of that the adoption traffic has slowed down. Also my agency is no longer accepting NEW single women applicants because they are unsure how long Ethiopia will continue to allow single women to adopt. Also more families are interesting in adopting from Ethiopia which will mean longer wait times on getting a referral. This worries me-- maybe I should start investigating other countries? Hmmm... why is it so hard to become a mom? After thinking about having a child since I was 22 and trying for 2 full years on my own, it has felt so good to have a final decision made and being so close to completing my dossier. And now that dream is becoming fuzzy. Scary.

2 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiglilygirl said...

I have felt the same way many times during this journey of trying to become a mom- remember you are not alone, hang in there and be strong, you will find your little one and this will all be worth it!!