Tuesday, September 30, 2008

hmmmm

I was so excited today as I went to school...driving to school is funny because I live across the street. However, I knew that I was to return to the Sec of the State this morning to pick up my COMPLETED dossier. And if I don't move my car in the AM, then my contractor parks behind me and it's an issue. Anyhoo, I was so excited as I waited for my off period. Then I got a call. Sadly they told me that one of the documents could not be certified at all because it was a copy--that's the one IAN gave me, so that made me sad. And that 7 others couldn't be certified because the notary wasn't "compliant." I was immediately sad and deflated. I was ready to drive the whole thing to my agency today--got a sub for my 5th period so I could go do it. And now... another step back. When I got there, I realized it was my school notary was non-compliant because she didn't have a box around her name in the stamp. It was so silly and odd. But stopped my process. I asked if I could go to the Wells Fargo in the basement of the building and re-notarize the same pages. They didn't know, but that's what I ended up doing. The Wells Fargo notary was very nice and re-notarized my bad documents. And I called IAN and they are sending the original homestudy to the Sec. of State themselves and it will come back in 2 days-- so all hope is not lost! I will probably be able to STILL be done with this by Friday!!! :) I brought the new documents back to the Sec of State worried because I thought I'd have to leave them overnight again. But this woman took pity on me and rushed them for free and gave them to me. Along with her card to send her a photo of my baby! :) Yea!

3 comments:

MOM said...

SEE! Everyone can tell you are destined for mommyhood. Matter of time, my love....just a matter of time!

Amy said...

What a roller coaster! Well, it's certainly prep for parenthood, because one thing's for sure with kids: You NEVER know what the day has in store!

JAKE said...

Sometimes one gets lost in the grotesque labyrinth of paper work, such does one who searches for salvation.

-14u89px

Oh sorry Don Nigro stole my keyboard. And then one of his stray kittens walked on the keyboard.

All shall work out future mommy of Thespis! Can't wait!

JAKE