Thursday, August 28, 2008

I-600!

For many in the adoption process mailing the I-600 is a big step. It is getting a sealed copy of your homestudy and mailing it with another check of course to the USCIS (US Immigration). They will process my request to bring a child into the US from Ethiopia and I should receive clearance any time in the next 8 weeks. It is a large step forward in my process. I'm singing little songs today as I put my envelope in the mail. :)

I can't wait to get to the Denver Police Station and get my criminal clearance report and then I will be able to finish my dossier... the OTHER LARGE step in this process. All in all, when I come home every night to my kitties and dog, I imagine my other life that will be there soon.

Oh, and the kitchen renovation is ON! In two days they ripped out my wall and it is SO exciting. The house is coated in a fine powder and I have to live among boxes of dishes... but I can't wait for it to be complete. More than anything it finally feels more like HOME. :) Happiness.

No comments: