Thursday, October 2, 2008

so upset

After 3 months of collecting and running all over the city and waiting in wait rooms to talk to the right person and mailing in requests and paying money to get certain forms and arranging a sub for the past 3 days to get everything certified downtown, I finally turned the dossier in yesterday. Just got an email. NINE items need to be redone. The main reason-- LEARN THIS NOW-- the date you have on every form, every place you sign, must MATCH the date of the notary. Like when you write a letter, don't date it at the top. Just add a blank next to the signature of the letter and make sure you don't sign it/date it, until you are in front of the notary.

The other thing that got me-- my main notary, I checked that she was registered with the state and her commission doesn't expire until 2012. However, her stamp was "non-compliant" with the Sec. of State. They have to have a circle or a square around their name and "notary" and their "My commission expires on date" has to be outside that circle or square. My notary had no square. So all of her documents need to be redone. UGH. Sadness.

You take three steps forward, one step back. Now to move forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn, I am so sorry that everything is such a process for you. What you are doing is an amazing and selfless act, remember that. You must be pretty stressed out, but this will pass and soon enough, youo'll be holding that baby :)
-Maggie

Anonymous said...

Shawn - I have been reading about your journey and I have NO DOUBT about what an awesome mother you will be. Your heart is bigger than all of Ethiopia and the US combined! I know these set backs are hard and seem so frustrating but you are doing so great. You have already done so much...just a few more steps. Maybe its Gods plan for you to have a baby that won't be ready until your paperwork is done...its His timing and it will all work out (I'm sure you get tired of hearing that), but I really believe everything happens for a reason and each paper that needs work takes you one step closer to your son (or daughter). I am so touched by your story and know so well how wonderful you are with children. Hang in there - for your sake and the baby's!!!
-Kandi