Friday, August 1, 2008

The Inconvenient Truths...

This week has been crazy. Basically, I am back to school-- 3 weeks early. On Monday night I leave for two weeks to go to Edinburgh, Scotland with 46 students and 10 parents/teachers to participate in the largest Theatre Festival in the world. We were nominated and "won" the opportunity to be one of 50 high schools featured at the Fringe through the American High School Theatre Festival organization. We created our own original show and have been working on it since January. We performed it for the first time in May and the second for a full audience tonight. We hadn't performed it since May until this Monday. We've been in rehearsal all week from 9-3 daily. I have two more papers to get done before my dossier is complete. I need to get on it ASAP. I am planning to do one of them tomorrow and if I can, I'll do both -- I don't know if the police station will be open to get the clearance. And then bright and early Monday take it all to the Secretary of State to get certified. Ahhh.. That's the plan. I just don't know if it will work. So I will be blog-less until I return from Scotland on Aug. 17. Cheerio!

PS-- the title of our original show is "The Inconvenient Truths" :)

No comments: