Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm baaack...

I have returned from Scotland. Tired. A little under the weather. But good. I asked students if the year's worth of fund-raising (over $97,000) was worth it. They replied, on the first day in London, it was all worth it. We spent 2 days in London and 12 in Edinburgh, Scotland. We performed 4 times at a professional venue and here's the best part... We were reviewed by the Scotsman (THE paper to get a review in) and were awarded 4 out of 5 stars! Pretty much unheard of for a high school show. The review was brilliant. Here's the link to it if you want to read it: Scotsman Review

We got the review the day after our first show so our run was special as people from all over came to see our show, and not just American high school kids who were part of the festival. The best part about it was that this was an original show and they GOT IT. They understood what our message was so clearly. I feel like we were beyond successful with this journey and it truly changed my students' lives in so many ways.

Monday was the first day back to school (jetlagged, yea!) Today was the 3rd day and I told my beginning students (7th and 8th graders) about my adoption plans. A few had already heard but for the most part they were excited. I have just one more document and then I'll be done. I'm very excited about getting it all turned in. I also will take my first parenting class this Sat. at IAN. I've heard the best parts of these classes are to meet other parents going through the same process.

Exciting times! Back to school! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

So glad you had some time to rest before you had to go back to school. haha The festival and performance sound like they were amazing! Congratulations!!

The Barr Family said...

yeah- cuz as I mentioned- watch the Curious George Movie and it will tell you more about attachment then you can learn in one of the adoption classes! :)

Glad you are back...hope you are well soon.