Friday, June 20, 2008

Assigned a Social Worker

My social worker just called and she sounds wonderfully pleasant! :) She gave me a run down of what to expect and we scheduled our first meeting on July 3 at my home. She told me not to worry that the "house inspection" will come later. I asked if there was anything I could start on before then and she gave me some ideas. I'll need copies of my passport, drivers license, insurance card, and a photo of me. The last three years of my tax return. A medical letter from my doctor after completing a physical. And yesterday I got a packet from IAN with other information. I've already mailed my background check in and my initial questionnaire for my SW today. And I also got my fingerprints done today and have them sitting in my mailbox with a money order for $39.50 awaiting tomorrow's mail. I am wanting to get my three letters of reference done but worry they have to be in a specific format so I'll wait to get the answers at my first meeting. I bought a divided expanded file case and have labeled five of the pockets already! My birth certificate and my divorce decree should be on their way soon as I ordered one by phone and one by fax. Hopefully we'll see them soon in the mail! :) Count down begins on the fingerprint clearance! Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

The Barr Family said...

Very Cool! We LOVED our Social Worker- I think God sent her right to us...she was adopting from China at the same time as us- though she started before us and came home after us- and so it was really fun to have eachother during the process.