Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This is like telling people I'm pregnant!

I just realized after two years of fertility treatments and trying to get pregnant that when I tell people that I have chosen an agency and they say I could have a baby in 6 months...it's like FINALLY telling people I am pregnant. I always wondered how soon I'd tell people if it actually happened, you know, you are always supposed to wait for the first trimester or whatever to make sure that the pregnancy really takes. But now I KNOW it will happen. It could be as early as 6 months, but it's OK if it takes a year. The important thing about this is that I will have a child soon. I will finally be a mommy. And the best part is that I will be helping a child in need, that wants me as much as I want them. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I felt the same way...like telling everyone were were pregnant. Good luck in your journey!

Amy said...

That makes perfect sense! And just like a pregnancy it will go fast, and you'll constantly be working to get everything ready. I wish I were closer to you to help! But trust me, if it IS a boy, I definitely help with boy clothes.

Hopefully, everything will go as quickly as the agency thinks, so that you don't feel like you've gone "past your due date." That could get frustrating...