Wednesday, February 18, 2009

seriously...a girl?

I can't believe I moved only 3 spots on the waitlist on boys since Oct, and moved from 13 to 8 in 1 month on girls. When I started this I was at 13 and 15 (b/G) wait list. I never thought it was even possible to hit girls first. It has really thrown me for a loop. I already have boy toys/clothes and his name. I am lost for a girl's name. I came into this sure I wanted a boy. I still do deep down, but the idea of a girl is slowly creeping into my heart. If I have waited this whole time, I just want a happy healthy baby. That's the bottom line.

People keep asking when. I have said 3 to 7 months since October. I noticed last month that I kept saying that and it never got closer. Now I say 3 Months? I've dropped the 7. Could it really be that it WILL happen that soon? I haven't blogged that much because I can't think about it too much. Life moves forward and I wait. My school year seems to be going by at light speed, and I wait. I've got a trip planned to NYC over Spring Break in March. When I started booking it back in Dec I got nervous, what if I got the call and it was in that week? Now I am pretty secure that won't happen. My birthday is in April, maybe it will be my best birthday ever?

2 comments:

MOM said...

GIRLS are lovely and wonderful and brilliant and ....just wonderful.
I know you will have the most wonderful child....no matter what.

Amy said...

Wow! A lot changes in such a short time! I was JUST talking about you today and thought I hate to pester her, but I am dying to know the progress. I checked and you've posted twice since I last checked! I understand needing to "wrap your head around" having a girl. I had to do just the opposite when Connery was born...I was convinced he was a girl. Now I can't imagine the other way.

I met someone today who is adopting a girl from Ethiopia! And she is from Colorado, too. Small world. Her blog is www.mylittlesweetpotato.blogspot.com/

Love and miss you and get more and more excited for you each day.