Friday, September 4, 2009

The Night before

I have spent the last two days running errands all over town, cleaning, packing and repacking. I have three suitcases full of donations to take to Ethiopia. My suitcase holds the smallest amount of things I've ever packed for myself and half of Tihun's clothes. Dad's suitcase holds the other clothes. And food and diapers and wipes... Maybe that is what life will really be about now-- not me. But her. I am so excited to meet her.

I have checked and double checked that I have all the paperwork and forms I need. I photocopied all of them as well so I have a copy. I have charged all of my camera batteries. I'm taking 2 digital cameras, 1 video camera, and 1 flip video camera. I think I have enough to record this journey, her home, our meeting=the birth! :) I have gatorade packets in case of dehydration, I have packets of pedialyte in case she has diarrhea. I'm always ultra prepared and for this... I'm just so unsure of what I'll find in the next 24 hours as I walk off that plane and meet that baby.

I hope that she fits 6-9 month old clothes. Reports say she is only 15 1/2 pounds so I think I'll be OK. But if she is larger, uh-oh.

Last weekend I downloaded several kids shows to my ipod for the airplane. As well as the first season of Weeds for my way there! :)

The carseat is in the car, the highchair is set up in the kitchen, the changing table and crib awaits... All I need is the girl!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sending up extra prayers and the best juju! I wish you could live stream the video of the 'birth'--a much less bloody one, thank goodness. Smother her with kisses, okay? When will you be home?

Much love! Amy