Saturday, June 13, 2009

Waiting waiting waiting...

I've officially accepted my referral for my beautiful baby girl. Now I wait. Wait for a court date. I am reading entries on the EthiopiaAdoptColorado group I am a part of it where many people who have HAD a courtdate failed to pass court for whatever reasons. And the rainy season is madly approaching. According to someone who is staying there the rains have started and with rain comes power and water outages. Last year the courts closed July 15-- I have my fingers crossed that I will get a date before the 15th and the courts don't close until July 30. Oh the tape to cut to get to that little girl who waits for me... I just want to go get her right now. In a way it is almost easier-- having her "assigned" to me and a photo and knowing it will happen... some day soon. Hopefully in this year. ;) Just waiting

1 comment:

Amy said...

So what's the process once the court date comes? You fly over to get her? Within weeks? And will you keep getting pictures of her along the way?

It's so freaking exciting! Sending much love and good juju your way.